Deadline to submit complete application is Monday, March 19, 2018.
Instructions for completing the application:
- Application requires a resume, personal statement, and two on-campus references with contact information.
- Combine and name your files: Award Name_Last Name, First Initial, i.e. "SheilaTurnerSeed_Smith, J._Resume"
- If your packet is too large - please complete the information below and then email the packet to email@example.com or drop off a hardcopy to 451 Mann Library Building.
Open to Communication junior women.
All applications must include the information below:
1. Completed Application
3. Name and email of two references (on campus)
4. Personal statement pertaining to your plans and goals in the field of publishing.
5. A writing sample, such as articles published in The Daily Sun, in other Cornell publications, or in publications from outside the Cornell community. Also acceptable are unpublished writing samples that would be suitable for print media publication, such as class work from Communication courses like Writing for Magazines or Science Writing for the Mass Media.
The committee will base their decision upon the materials requested and upon the applicant's general academic performance as a Cornell student. Particular emphasis will be placed upon academic excellence in courses within the major.