- B.S., Binghamton University, 1985
- MBA, Binghamton University, 1986
Gender and computing, both historical and contemporary issues; gender and organizational communication; open source software communities; knowledge infrastructures, data sharing and digital preservation.
- Payette, S., “Hopper and Dijkstra: Crisis, Revolution, and the Future of Programming, IEEE Annals of the History of Computing , forthcoming December 2014.
- Jackson, S.J., Gillespie, T., Payette, S., “ The Policy Knot: Re-integrating Policy, Practice, and Design in CSCW Studies of Social Computing,” Proceedings of Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Baltimore, MA, February 2014.
- Invited Attendee, Knowledge Infrastructure Workshop, May 25-28, 2012, Ann Arbor, MI