Undergraduate Summer Grant Program
The Department of Communication is pleased to offer an Undergraduate Summer Grant Program. Through the generosity of our alumni, this program has enabled us to provide funds for Communication majors either (1) completing a summer internship or (2) engaging in research opportunities with Communication faculty. The funds provide financial support to allow Communication majors to accept positions that might otherwise be prohibitive due to associated costs. Students may use stipends to supplement the costs of housing or travel associated with the internship or research opportunity.
Students completing an internship (paid or unpaid) will enroll in COMM 4960, Communication Internship. Students must complete paperwork prior to the first day at their internships. Students completing research must work with a Communication faculty sponsor to arrange for research credit (COMM 2990 or COMM 4990).
Preference will be given to students based on financial need.
To be considered for funding, students must complete the online application by Monday, April 30 at 11:59pm.*
*We will consider late applications on a rolling basis and depending on the availability of funds. Please note that after June, we close the application for the prior year and will open a new application in spring the following year.
The following information is required:
- Application form below (including description of internship or research opportunity)
- Formal letter of Application
- Budget (cost of travel, housing, meal allowance, etc.)
Award recipients will be notified in early May. The number of grants awarded will depend upon the number of applications received and the availability of funds. Confirmation of acceptance of the internship or research opportunity in writing or electronically is required before the release of funds.
Congratulations to the Summer 2017 winners.
- Cordelia Ding-Internship at Ibaraki Christian University in Japan
- Grace Lyman-Internship at the Conan O’Brien Show in Los Angeles
- Daniel Correa-Internship at ANDI.KP in France
- Jordyn Weinstein-Internship at Taboola in New York City
- Erin O’Conner-Internship at ESPN Ithaca in Ithaca
- Jonathon Gilmore-Research in the Cornell Media Effects Lab in Ithaca