- M.S., Communication, Cornell University
- M.A., Communication, Johns Hopkins University
- B.A., German Language and Literature/Political Science, Yonsei University
- Song, H. & Schuldt, J. P.(in press).Communicating conservation status: How different statistical assessment criteria affect perceptions of extinction risk. Risk Analysis.
- McComas, K. A., Lu, H., Keranen, K. M., Furtney M. A., & Song, H. Public perceptions and acceptance of induced earthquakes related to energy development. Energy Policy, 99(3), 27-32.
Trust and fairness in risk communication; social judgments, impression formation, person perception in environmental contexts; communication of environmental risk
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant (Recommended by division, pending management approval), National Science Foundation
- CALS Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, 2016, Cornell University.
- Cornell Fellowship recipient, 2013, Cornell University.
- Song, H. (2016). Trust shaped through knowledge and elaboration: Considering the attitude strength properties of trust. Paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Risk Analysis, San Diego, CA.
- Song, H. (2016). Need for autonomy as a motive for valuing fairness in risk communication. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Minneapolis, MN.
- Song, H. (2015). Analyzing the discourse of trust in post-spill Charleston, WV through local newspapers. Poster presented at the 2015 Society for Risk Analysis Annual Meeting, Arlington, VA.
- Song, H., McLeod, P. L., Schuldt, J. P., Crain, R., Dickinson, J. L., (2015). Exploring identity-based social influence on environmental behaviors in a socially networked mapping platform, Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Atkinson Center for Sustainable Future, Cornell University.
- Song, H. & Schuldt, J.P. (2014). Perceived risk of extinction for species depends on assessment criterion applied. Poster presented at the 2014 Society for Risk Analysis Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Song, H., Underhill, J.C., & Schuldt, J.P. (2013). Communication conservation with labels: The effectiveness of using IUCN categories for advocacy. Poster presented at the Society for Risk Analysis Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD.