- B.A., Advertising, Temple University
Role of technology in companionship; gender; commodification of companionship; digital labor; correlations between new media and social interaction
Castonguay, J. (2018). You eat “like a girl”: A content analysis of food advertisements on children’s television. Paper presented to the 2018 annual conference of the International Communication Association, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Sawey, M., & Duffy, B. E. (2020). The valuation of (in)visible labor in the social media industries. Accepted for presentation at the 70th Annual International Communication Association Conference, held virtually in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sawey, M. (2020). “Attractive” girls and “accomplished” men: The making and marketing of sugar dating roles. Accepted for presentation at the 70th Annual International Communication Association Conference, held virtually in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sawey, M. (2016). Swipemates: The Superficiality and Instant Gratification of Tinder. Paper presented at the annual Temple Undergraduate Research Forum – Creative Works Symposium, Philadelphia, PA.
- Duffy, B.E. & Sawey, M. (in press). Value, service, and precarity among Instagram content creators. In S. Cunningham & D. Craig, (Eds.) Creator culture: Studying the social media entertainment industry. New York, NY: New York University Press.