- M.A., Communication, Clemson University
- B.A., Advertising, Shanghai Normal University
Media psychology; health risk communication; media and message effects; strategic health messages; narrative communication; health policy
- Cornell Fellowship recipient, 2018, Cornell University.
- Master’s Degree Candidate Research Assistant Award, 2018, Clemson University College of Behavioral, Social & Health Sciences.
- Outstanding Graduate Student, 2018, Clemson University Department of Communication.
- Outstanding Graduate Researcher, 2018, Clemson University Department of Communication.
- Outstanding Graduate of Shanghai, 2016, Ministry of Education of Shanghai.
- Ash, E., Xu, Y., Jenkins, A., & Kumanyika, C. (2018, May). Framing use of force: an analysis of news organizations’ social media posts about police shootings. Paper presented at the annual conference of the International Communication Association, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Xu, Y. (2017, August). Media framing effects of public service announcements about the HPV vaccine. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Chicago, IL.