Undergraduate Summer Grant Program
The Department of Communication is pleased to announce the 2020 Undergraduate Summer Internship Grant Program. Through the generosity of our alumni, this program provides financial support up to $1,500 to allow Communication majors to participate in unpaid summer internships. Students may use stipends to supplement the costs of housing, travel, and meals.
Students must enroll in COMM 4960 - Communication Internship, and complete paperwork prior to the first day of the internship.
Preference will be given to students based on financial need.
Must be a Communication major.
Continuing students only (graduating seniors are not eligible).
- Must not have received prior funds from this program.
The application deadline is Tuesday, May 5, 2020 by 9:00 am.
Award notification will be made by Monday, May 18, 2020.
The following information is required and materials must be submitted electronically via email to the Department of Communication's Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Heather Crespin (email@example.com), by the deadline.
- Letter of application (one page) to include the following in order below:
- Your full name, 7-digit student ID number, and Net ID
- Class year and anticipated graduation date
- Complete contact information for company supervisor
- Description of internship
- Budget – the only budget items considered are cost of travel, housing and meal allowance
- Letter or email from company confirming offer of internship.
- Resume (one page).
The number of grants awarded and amount is dependent upon the number of applications received and the availability of funds. Confirmation of acceptance of the internship or research opportunity in writing or electronically is required before the release of funds.