The Communication Student Advisory Board was created in Spring 2013 to help engage students in the activities of the Department of Communication through leadership. The board is made up of a mix of current Communication majors from freshman to seniors. The board also has representatives who transferred to Cornell to help provide a transfer student perspective. The purpose of the Communication Student Advisory Board shall be:
- To serve as the official liaison between student, faculty, and staff of the Department of Communication
- To represent student opinions regarding department-specific initiatives
- To promote the Department of Communication within and beyond Cornell University
- To foster a more collaborative community for Communication students
- To organize special events and propose student services aimed at the continued development of the department
- To help engage first-year Communication majors.